photo botslide.jpg

DIY Wooden Peg Chair

Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Heyo!
Hellooo you bundle of flowers in a pretty flowery meadow full of sunshine!...Or should I say RAIN?

Here in the UK it isn't like spring at all is it? Just weird weather that can't make up it's mind! One day I am going out without any cardigans or jackets and the next I look like I am wrapped up for winter all over again!

This is a small DIY  project that can easily be done at home.

All you will need:

❁Super Glue
❁Paint (colour of your choice)
❁Gloss
❁Wooden clothes pegs
❁Old fabric
❁Cotton wool (or any other types of stuffing)



It's times like this where I really wish I started a YouTube channel to easily demonstrate how I did this! Should I start one do you think?

I must pre-warn you all it gets very fiddly & very messy but totally worth it because it's a really nice gift idea and it's very cute, the chair itself is no bigger than the size of my hand.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
The Chair
You want to start by pulling apart all the wooden pegs apart and throwing away the wiry metal parts. After that, let your inner Lego building come out and assemble a chair somehow, I made a rocking chair but you can easily get creative it makes it a lot more fun. I think a summer version of this would look really awesome, maybe a deck chair? Remind me to try that.. (maybe you will see it on my new YouTube channel!!) If you struggle with doing this then keep an eye out for a potential video, where I can demonstrate the steps I used but for now the image is an example to use as a guidance.
Once the glue has dried and the chair is secure, you want to whip out them paintbrushes and noowww let out your inner child! (I'm always being a child at heart anyway)
You don't have to stick to one colour either, you could even paint little daisies on to add to the spring vibe. Once the paint has air-dried, you want to delicately brush on some gloss to not only harden it, but also give it a nice finished off effect.


The Cushion
Select any fabric of your choice (just ensure its not something you cut out of your clothes!)
I liked the flowery piece that I had spare nearby my craft box. you want to cut out two square pieces with the design facing inwards (don't forget! I'm watching you... wow that would be creepy wouldn't it?!) and you want to do a small close stitch all the way around the edges, but on the last side leave a tiny gap open (don't stitch it) and you need to turn the material inside out again so the pattern is facing outwards the way you want it.

The opening that is left is where you can add in the stuffing to give it a plump and comforting look and then you may stitch up the last little gap that you left. Aim to sew with a coloured thread similar to the colour of the fabric so it doesn't stand out too much and then simply place it on your new miniature wooden clothes peg Chair!


────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
And there you have it, I thoroughly hope you enjoy and lemme know how well you get on with it!

Ciao 'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme